[texbirds] Victoria--Riverside Park (CTC 027), May 12, 2012

  • From: Sonny & Iris Bratz <ibratz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 13:16:56 -0700 (PDT)

I read all the warbler reports and decided to go to Riverside Park this
morning.  i have not seen one warbler in four previous  attempts this spring,
which is very unusual for this park.  But I found 10 species  today:Mourning,
Common Yellowthroat, American Redstart, Northern Parula, Magnolia,
Bay-breasted, Blackburnian, Yellow, Chestnut-sided, and Canada Warbler.  Empids
were all over.  Two Olive-sided Flycatchers were nice as was a Yellow-billed
Cuckoo.

Complete list follows:

Cattle Egret  6
Black Vulture  20