[texbirds] Re: Vermilion Flycatchers in Mission, Hidalgo Co.

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:21:18 -0500

Seems like Vermilions may be migrating, given the numbers in some of the
recent reports .John and I saw 2 males yesterday in places east of Santa
Ana Refuge where I doubt they wintered. Of course, some may stay to breed
in some locations. In the Valley, they breed in outlying ranch country with
ponds, while they do not breed in ag areas, in the most-populated sections
of the Valley.
Regards and good birding,
Tim Brush
Edinburg, TX