[texbirds] Various Local Bird Observations

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 17:18:56 -0500

So, Mockingbirds are everywhere in the neighborhood, a few young ones.
Walking today, I came across a couple fluffy Black-crested Titmice lacking
crests. They were cute, and led me to a Black-throated Green-warbler that
seemed out of place. I think the older Barn Swallow pair may not have come
back this year, because we still have no action in the nest except for
nightly roosting. Also, it seems that White-eyed Vireo and Bewick's Wren
sing on alternating Sundays and Tuesdays (approximately).
At school, I found a White-winged Dove nest but roosting Nighthawks have
eluded me. Western Kingbirds still quite active. Barn Swallows should hatch
soon.

Elliott Gordon
AF5HH
NW Austin