[texbirds] Varied Bunting Wrong bird

  • From: Marie Stewart <littlebitrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 22:22:42 -0500

I'm sorry to say that the photos I took proved to be Painted Buntings
they where in the shade and didn't see green when I was looking. I was
trying to get the word out so more people could enjoy these birds. Again
I'm sorry if I caused you a trip and you missed the bird. Depending on
the weather I will be out looking again for the birds.
Marie Stewart,
Alamo Texas

On 9/11/2015 1:28 PM, Marie Stewart wrote:

Went to the NABA National Butterfly Center this morning. They have a new
Photo Blind at the new water feature at the visitor center. It really
does a great job of attracting the birds not all of them so you do have
to do the trails still but I didn't find the Varied Bunting on the
trails so I thought why not stay here for a while. Well guess who showed
up! You are right. Not only one but 2 and 3rd one stayed back which I
think might have been the male. There was a Female and look like maybe a
Juvenile or molting adult no tail feathers. Anyway they didn't come
down to the water much but did sit in the trees close by for fantastic
looks and photos. So if you want to see one head on out to the NABA
National Butterfly Center. I sure did enjoy them.

Marie Stewart
Alamo,Texas