[texbirds] Uvalde County: possibility of Common Poorwill at Park Chalk Bluff

  • From: <bobolink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:35:19 +0000

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

a while back Jerald from the Dallas area said he heard a Common Poorwill at
Park Chalk Bluff.  I told him we usually just have Chuck-Wills-Widow...I looked
at my Mike Overton's Uvalde County list and it says common...so, has anyone who
was checking out the Rufous-capped Warbler heard a Common Poorwill in their
outings...up at Neal's and the Bat Cave we usually get poorwill early in March
but then replaced by Chuck-Wills-Widow.

Have a great week!

Bob Rasa
Uvalde County Reporting