[texbirds] Re: Uvalde County: possibility of Common Poorwill at PCB

  • From: Chuck Sexton <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds Posting TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 00:47:09 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob, TexBirders:

I camped at Park Chalk Bluff (Uvalde Co.) in late March and late May and heard Com. Poorwills (1 to 2) (COPO) each night or early morning (e.g. 3/22-23 and 5/22/2012). I camped in the pecan grove at the far E end of the park and the birds were calling in the dry uplands away from the river (N of the camping area). I did *not* hear Chuck- will's-widows on either visit.

Also, on March 31, I heard COPO on a private ranch in extreme S. Real Co., S of Camp Wood on the E side of TX 55 in Hill Country terrain, just 8 mi N of Park Chalk Bluff.

Chuck Sexton
Austin, TX
Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds