[texbirds] Uvalde County: Cook's Slough Zone-tailed Hawk

  • From: <bobolink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 22:42:49 +0000

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

walked in the opposite direction today from my usual route...I heard a lot of
commotion coming from a fence and tree line...as I glance that way I had a
Zone-tailed Hawk fly up and around me...it circled me and Cinderella for a
while and then rose into the sky...

http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144646077  Zone-tailed Hawk
http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144646083  Zone-tailed Hawk

Have a great week...yes it is raining here...and we see lots for the week ahead
:>)

Cook's Slough Nature Ctr. (HOTW 025), Uvalde, US-TX
Jul 9, 2012 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Zone-tailed Hawk visits 'the slough'...
37 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  30
Wood Duck  2
Double-crested Cormorant  7