[texbirds] Uvalde County: Cook's Slough Wood Storks Great-crested Flycatcher

  • From: <bobolink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 20:44:37 +0000

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mostly out for bugs today with Nick from east of Dallas...stumbled over good
birds today...at first we had a big group of Great Egrets...then one Wood Stork
flew around us at the wetlands...and then it was joined by a second...
http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144566908  wood stork
http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144566904  great egrets
http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144566915  a second wood stork

We went out chasing dragonflies and then I had a Great-crested flycatcher
vocalize close to me...then a second...back on the game fence...this is the
first vocal I have heard from this species... that makes all three myiarchus
this week...
http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144567676  great-crested flycatcher

Cook's Slough Nature Ctr. (HOTW 025), Uvalde, US-TX
Jul 6, 2012 8:00 AM - 10:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Wood Storks flying around wetlands today
45 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  15
Wild Turkey  2
Wood Stork  2     two flying with Great Egrets today  ...pictures
Double-crested Cormorant  6
Great Blue Heron  1
Great Egret  10
Green Heron  6