[texbirds] Re: Uvalde County: Cook's Slough Great-crested Flycatcher

  • From: Mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bobolink@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 16:13:04 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bob,

The bird in the photo has a brown back, a brown crown,
and a whitish ashy pale throat, all of which score
against Great Crested Flycatcher.  It certainly does
not resemble one to my eye.  I'd guess juvenile Ash-
throated, though Brown-crested is possible.

Mitch Heindel
Utopia

Bob Rasa wrote:
We went out chasing dragonflies and then I had a Great-crested flycatcher vocalize close to me...then a second...back on the game fence...this is the first vocal I have heard from this species... that makes all three myiarchus this week...
http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/image/144567676  great-crested flycatcher

Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds