[texbirds] Utley/Webberville (local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 09:23:37 -0500

.
Having not birded much locally lately, I hit the above. I wanted to
find the previously reported Brown-crested Fly at Webberville but dipped on
it tho I was not exactly sure where to look. There were several HY GCFLs.
Empid species...1 silent bird right on river's edge. May be just one of
the local Acadian breeders. Did not see it well or long enough.

Prothonotary 1 heard only at Big Webberville across the river

Wood Stork 1 Cedar Valley Lake, There may have been more behind the berm
that I could not see.

Purple Martins 2-300...May have been from the Austin roost or perhaps a
smaller staging group. They had dispersed by 8 or so.

Least Sandpipers 3..It just stinks for shorebirds this time around so far

Western Sand.1 ditto

Long-billed Curlew 1 ditto

Anhinga 1 flyover at Webberville

Indigo Bunting 1 HO

Orchard Orioles 3-4 1HY

Really wanted to go to Shipp Lake but have to many rats to kill and ran
out of time.... Maybe in a week or so.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621