[texbirds] Re: Utley, Bastrop Co. highlights...Formation of a local Centex list?

  • From: "Stevan Hawkins" <shawkins4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 22:43:45 -0500

Brush:

When I scan the authors of e-mail senders as my MS Outlook downloads, your
name is one I always look forward to seeing.  Susan Schaezler below is
entirely correct.  SATXBirds was started in the late 1990s--early 2000s due
to grumbles about folks reporting what others considered to be of only local
interest.  One of those species was a Varied Thrush.  Nowadays a good
portion of what gets reported on SATXBirds also gets posted on TexBirds.
The main attraction of SATXBirds seems to be to people who are mainly
interested in birding in their local area or who aren't particularly
interested in going after birds that are a hundred miles or further away.
If you do start a CenTex group, please let the rest of us know about it and
the area you will be covering.

Thanks!

Steve

Stevan Hawkins