[texbirds] Re: Utley, Bastrop Co. highlights...Formation of a local Centex list?

  • From: "Lori Markoff" <canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "'texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 19:38:31 -0700

Hi Texbirds,

Buddy Brush, you know I love ya, but I disagree with your take that the rest
of us have no interest in your local birds.  You guys have great birds there
and when I read your reports I am envious.

Local reports from around the state help us piece together what is going on
with migration and distribution of birds throughout Texas.  If you and your
local friends don't contribute we are left with a hole in your part of the
state.

And heck, if you guys don't report what will I do when I come back to visit
Texas some day?  I won't know what is going on in central Texas bird-wise.

Please keep reporting your birds to Texbirds!  :-)

Lori Markoff
Eugene, OR

  As mentioned in the subject line, I grow weary of posting to Texbirds on
local birds that are of no interest to the rest of the state...Is anyone
interested in helping start up a Cen-Tex only list, Facebook or otherwise
where we can post and discuss in a manner such as the San Antonio group
does...Or is there already a ghost list out there I am not familiar
with...I am serious about this and would be the first to sign on.  Or are
there better ideas.?