[texbirds] Ultey migrants etc. WNV

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:12:59 -0500

Yesterday eve. and this morn.

Yellow Warbler 1
Upland Sandpipers...Becoming more numerous overhead
Willow Fly. 1
Orchard Orioles 3-4
Miss. Kites  4  not sure these are actually migrants but they were going
south

  Also curious if birds are being found due to recent outbreak of West Nile
Virus.  One of my crows seems to have vanished , one of the young birds, at
least I have not seen it in several days.  Right now the family group only
has four birds.  Also in Utley it has been quite a while since I have seen
or heard a Blue Jay.   Would Purple Martins be influenced by WN and would
dead birds or grackles appear at the roosts?  BTW how is the Highland Mall
roost?

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist