[texbirds] Tyler State Park 4-26-14

  • From: Boyd Sanders <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 16:43:53 +0000

Howdy All!
Really good morning for birding. We had 8 folks join the bird walk and lifers
were spotted all around. There were a couple of fledgling birders who did
stellar at spotting birds. One little girl, about 6 years old, was spotting
birds left and right. It was hard to keep up with her. She did a great job at
identification too. Some of the lifers for the group were Mississippi Kite,
Summer Tanager, Painted Bunting, and a few others. All-in-all we had 51 species.

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX
Apr 26, 2014 8:15 AM - 11:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
52 species (+2 other taxa)

Wood Duck  2
Gadwall  3
Mallard  4
Mallard (Domestic type)  2
Pied-billed Grebe  5
Cattle Egret  1
Green Heron  1
Black Vulture  8
Turkey Vulture  4
Mississippi Kite  3
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Broad-winged Hawk  3
Spotted Sandpiper  1
Mourning Dove  1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  5
Red-headed Woodpecker  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  3
Downy Woodpecker  1
Eastern Phoebe  4
Great Crested Flycatcher  4
Eastern Kingbird  6
White-eyed Vireo  4
Yellow-throated Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo  5
Blue Jay  7
American Crow  2
Purple Martin  20
Carolina Chickadee  5
Tufted Titmouse  7
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
Brown-headed Nuthatch  5
House Wren  1
Carolina Wren  6
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  1
Eastern Bluebird  2
Northern Mockingbird  6
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Tennessee Warbler  3
Nashville Warbler  1
Common Yellowthroat  2
Pine Warbler  2
Black-throated Green Warbler  1
White-throated Sparrow  4
sparrow sp.  2
Summer Tanager  3
Northern Cardinal  8
Indigo Bunting  15
Painted Bunting  2
Red-winged Blackbird  1
Common Grackle  4
Brown-headed Cowbird  6
Orchard Oriole  1
Baltimore Oriole  1

Good birding,

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG
Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

Tyler State Park
789 Park Rd. 16
Tyler, TX 75706

(903)597-5338
boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb>