[texbirds] Tyler State Park 4/23/15 Migration

  • From: Boyd Sanders <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:14:09 +0000

Howdy All!
It was a good day for migrants at Tyler SP. The Blackjack Nature Trail was good
for Blue Grosbeak, Yellow-breasted Chat, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Black and White,
Nashville, and Tennessee Warblers. The Beaver Pond had a singing Prothonotary.
The park store area had 8 Baltimore's in one tree and a Worm-eating Warbler and
in our shelter area I had a real quick look at a Veery. I wish I had a little
more time to bird today.

That reminds me. I will try to get out with some visiting birders in the
morning and anybody that wants to join us is welcome. If you can't make it on
Friday morning make sure to join us for our Saturday morning bird tour at
8:15am.

Here's today's list:

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX

Apr 23, 2015 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM

Protocol: Traveling

3.0 mile(s)

56 species

Mallard 4

Pied-billed Grebe 3

Black Vulture 8

Turkey Vulture 5

Red-shouldered Hawk 2

Broad-winged Hawk 1

Red-tailed Hawk 1

Mourning Dove 4

Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1

Chimney Swift 3

Ruby-throated Hummingbird 2

Red-headed Woodpecker 4

Downy Woodpecker 2

Hairy Woodpecker 2

Pileated Woodpecker 2

Eastern Phoebe 6

Great Crested Flycatcher 3

Eastern Kingbird 4

White-eyed Vireo 9

Red-eyed Vireo 6

Blue Jay 8

American Crow 4

Purple Martin 16

Carolina Chickadee 10

Tufted Titmouse 7

White-breasted Nuthatch 2

House Wren 1

Carolina Wren 8

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 5

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2

Eastern Bluebird 2

Veery 1

Gray Catbird 1

Brown Thrasher 2

Northern Mockingbird 4

Worm-eating Warbler 1

Black-and-white Warbler 3

Prothonotary Warbler 1

Tennessee Warbler 1

Orange-crowned Warbler 1

Nashville Warbler 5

Pine Warbler 10

Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) 3

Yellow-breasted Chat 2

Chipping Sparrow 4

White-throated Sparrow 15

Summer Tanager 8

Northern Cardinal 15

Blue Grosbeak 1

Indigo Bunting 7

Common Grackle 2

Brown-headed Cowbird 6

Orchard Oriole 2

Baltimore Oriole 9

Pine Siskin 3

American Goldfinch 8

Good birding,

Boyd A. Sanders, BBA, CIG
Master Interpreter/Exhibits Coordinator
Tyler State Park
(903)597-5338
Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead)."- Red Green

[tpwd_lbo_logo]<http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/>