[texbirds] Tyler State Park 4-11-13

  • From: "Boyd Sanders" <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:16:01 -0500

Howdy All!

=20

I had very limited time to get in birding while helping out with school
programs.  Unusual bird of the day for the park was a Solitary Sandpiper
on the lake shore near the Lakeview camping loop.  We usually don't have
enough shoreline for them.  It was in the same area with 2 spotted
sandpipers.  Indigo Buntings have arrived.  There was a nice male near
the park's maintenance area and a female at the Blackjack nature trail.
I heard Black-throated Green and Yellow-throated Warbler as well as
Red-eyed Vireo. =20

=20

I have more school groups in the morning so I'll try to get in some
birding after lunch to see what is moving about.  Remember this Saturday
at 8:15am, I'll be leading a bird tour of the park.  Come on out and
join us.  We meet at the park HQ and then go birding. =20

=20

Also, Sunday, April 14, I'll be leading a bird walk at Camp Tyler
Outdoor School southeast of Tyler for their Earth Day event.  This is a
really good area for migrating birds. =20

=20

Apr 11, 2013

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065)

Traveling

3 miles

120 Minutes

Observers: 1

All birds reported? Yes

Comments: =20

Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.5.1

3 Mallard

10 Pied-billed Grebe

1 Great Blue Heron

5 Cattle Egret

2 Black Vulture

2 Turkey Vulture

2 Broad-winged Hawk

1 Red-tailed Hawk

2 Killdeer

2 Spotted Sandpiper

1 Solitary Sandpiper

2 Mourning Dove

1 Chimney Swift

1 Belted Kingfisher

1 Red-headed Woodpecker

1 Red-bellied Woodpecker

1 Downy Woodpecker

1 Pileated Woodpecker

3 Eastern Phoebe

1 Eastern Kingbird

2 White-eyed Vireo

1 Red-eyed Vireo

6 Blue Jay

2 American Crow

2 Northern Rough-winged Swallow

16 Purple Martin

3 Barn Swallow

6 Carolina Chickadee

3 Tufted Titmouse

3 White-breasted Nuthatch

2 Brown-headed Nuthatch

2 Carolina Wren

4 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher

2 Ruby-crowned Kinglet

5 Eastern Bluebird

2 Northern Mockingbird

1 Brown Thrasher

20 Cedar Waxwing

15 Yellow-rumped Warbler

1 Black-throated Green Warbler

1 Yellow-throated Warbler

10 Pine Warbler

1 Eastern Towhee

20 Chipping Sparrow

20 White-throated Sparrow

5 Northern Cardinal

2 Indigo Bunting

9 Red-winged Blackbird

13 Common Grackle

3 Brown-headed Cowbird

1 House Finch

=20

=20

=20

Good Birding,

=20

Boyd A. Sanders BBA, CIG

Interpreter/Exhibit Tech

=20

Tyler State Park

789 Park Rd. 16

Tyler, TX 75706

=20

(903)597-5338

boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>=20

=20

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When All Else Fails, Play Dead- Red Green)

=20

=20

Learn how you can help Texas State Parks: <http://bit.ly/sVdilb
<http://bit.ly/sVdilb> >