[texbirds] Tyler SP 4/18/15

  • From: Boyd Sanders <Boyd.Sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:21:57 +0000

Howdy All!
It was a busy day last Saturday at Tyler State Park. We had 7 species of
woodpecker, 5 species of vireo including warbling and Philadelphia, an 9
species of warbler. 66 species altogether. Not too bad.

We are continuing our migration birding tours of the park this Saturday, April
25 at 8:15am. We will start at the park headquarters and then caravan to a few
locations in the park. And mark your calendar, we are having our State Parks
Big Sit! on Saturday May 9th. Stop by and help us find some birds.

Here's the list:

Tyler SP (PPW-E 065), Smith, US-TX

Apr 18, 2015 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Protocol: Traveling

3.0 mile(s)

66 species

Wood Duck 2

Mallard 3

Pied-billed Grebe 3

Great Blue Heron 1

Great Egret 1

Black Vulture 8

Turkey Vulture 4

Red-shouldered Hawk 1

Broad-winged Hawk 2

Red-tailed Hawk 2

Mourning Dove 6

Chimney Swift 3

Ruby-throated Hummingbird 3

Belted Kingfisher 1

Red-headed Woodpecker 2

Red-bellied Woodpecker 6

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1

Downy Woodpecker 1

Hairy Woodpecker 1

Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 1

Pileated Woodpecker 3

Eastern Phoebe 5

Eastern Kingbird 4

White-eyed Vireo 6

Yellow-throated Vireo 1

Warbling Vireo 1

Philadelphia Vireo 1

Red-eyed Vireo 8

Blue Jay 8

American Crow 5

Purple Martin 16

Carolina Chickadee 8

Tufted Titmouse 8

White-breasted Nuthatch 3

Brown-headed Nuthatch 5

Carolina Wren 9

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 5

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 7

Eastern Bluebird 3

Swainson's Thrush 1

Hermit Thrush 1

Brown Thrasher 2

Northern Mockingbird 5

Cedar Waxwing 3

Louisiana Waterthrush 1

Black-and-white Warbler 2

Tennessee Warbler 1

Orange-crowned Warbler 1

Nashville Warbler 5

Northern Parula 1

Pine Warbler 5

Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle) 10

Black-throated Green Warbler 2

Chipping Sparrow 10

Lincoln's Sparrow 2

White-throated Sparrow 20

Summer Tanager 5

Northern Cardinal 10

Blue Grosbeak 2

Indigo Bunting 10

Red-winged Blackbird 6

Common Grackle 3

Brown-headed Cowbird 9

Orchard Oriole 1

Pine Siskin 5

American Goldfinch 10

Good birding,

Boyd A. Sanders, BBA, CIG
Master Interpreter/Exhibits Coordinator
Tyler State Park
(903)597-5338
Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead)."- Red Green

[tpwd_lbo_logo]<http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/>