[texbirds] Tyler CBC Common Merganser photos

  • From: Mike Bloodsworth <bloodsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 06:37:18 -0800 (PST)

The Tyler (Smith Co)  CBC was held yesterday.   A female Common Merganser was
spotted on Lake Tyler. This is a rare bird for the area and if I am not
mistaken a first for our CBC.

She was swimming with some Coots and was found near the shoreline just before
daylight.  3 of us got photos that are good enough for positve id but not great
quality.  Here are two of my shots, the darker image shows the true lighting
conditions.

Mike Bloodsworth
Tyler

http://mikeintyler.smugmug.com/Nature/Most-Recent/i-rB758dZ/0/X2/036_edited-1-X2.jpg