[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 14:34:21 -0500

57 species was our total count today.  Killdeer still the only shorebird.  We
saw 2 Yellow-crowned Night-herons at Deaver and a Belted Kingfisher. Painted
Buntings, Indigo Buntings and Dickcissels were all still singing. We also saw a
Swainson's Hawk carrying a Cotton Rat and a Broad-winged Hawk on the road to
Meadow Pond. Not much rise in elevation on Lake Texoma has occurred yet from
the recent rains.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S19188056
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer Hagerman NWR.Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at