[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:57:09 -0500

We finished the day with 84 species.  With the north winds that came in
yesterday we were hoping for a better warbler day but such was not the case.
The story of the day was once again shorebirds. The shores on both side of the
lake were lined with shorebirds.  At least 1000 Baird's Sandpipers and large
numbers of Long-billed Dowitchers. There was an immature Bald Eagle sitting on
the tip of a point near the Goode area. Still a good variety of ducks in the
lake and marshes. And yes, the Yellow-headed Blackbirds have arrived.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S17908522
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer at Hagerman NWR.Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at