[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 17:59:53 -0500

Today was one of those days when you could have stayed out all day and still
not of identified all the birds that were visible.  Shorebirds were there in
numbers that were greater than any day in recent memory. I listed 1000
unidentified shorebirds but the number was probably quite a bit higher. There
were large amounts of shorebirds up and down both sides of the lake in the cove
at the refuge. Many of the birds were too far away to identify. Adding to the
problem were high winds and a bone chilling chill factor. The best bird of the
day was probably a Peregrine Falcon sitting in a tree on Tern Pad.  We also saw
2 adult Bald Eagles and it is highly probable that they have a nest somewhere
on Big Mineral creek somewhere south of Bennett Lane.
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWREdit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at