[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 16:58:55 -0500

We saw 64 species on our bird census today.  We were able to find 1 Least Tern
nest with 1 egg. It is too bad they are waiting so long to start nesting
because things will probably start heating up a lot next week.  We were able to
locate 1 Purple And 1 Common Gallinule in Mineral Marsh. We are beginning to
see more Green Herons with a total of 6 today.
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWR.