[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 16:26:23 -0600

The day started out cool and still but later on the wind picked up and it got
cloudy. We lost an hour of birding dealing with a flat tire. But we still
finished the day with 79 species. We looked for Eastern Towhees but none were
to be found. We started the day with a flyover of 12 Cackling Geese. We
finished the day with over 700 white geese but there is very little food
remaining for them on the refuge. We did manage to find a Common Yellowthroat
for the CBC count week. Red-headed Woodpeckers are still being seen. We had a
flyby Bald Eagle and Pileated Woodpecker. We also saw a House Wren and both
specie of Kinglets.
To each of you that read my posts I would like to thank you and wish all of you
a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.

http://ebird.org/ebird/iss/view/checklist?subID=S26411691
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer Hagerman NWR.Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at