[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:26:59 -0500

Wildlife Drive is now out of the water in most places but there is still a lot
of work to do on it, but hopefully it will be open to the public by August
31st. Our mouths were watering to go out and look for shorebirds but that is
not possible yet due to the condition of the roads. But we did get to go to
Dead Woman Pond. There we found Red-headed Woodpeckers, several Red-shouldered
Hawks, and an immature Yellow-crowned Night-heron along with several other
species of birds. We finished the day with 53 species.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S24670271
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWR.Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at