[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 16:13:16 -0500

High water continues to be a problem but with these hot temperatures hopefully
improvement is on the way. We finished the day with 60 species including 8
species of shorebirds. We saw both Stilt Sandpiper and Sanderling which were
two new sightings for the year. We saw a total of 12 Green Herons. We also
heard a Northern Bobwhite calling. There was a Tricolored Heron feeding along
the edge of the lake. We also saw a White-winged Dove which is plentiful some
places in towns, but we hardly ever see one near the refuge.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S24338021
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer at Hagerman NWR.