[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:26:01 -0500

We continue birding outlying areas of the refuge due to flooding and temporary
closure of the refuge to the public.
And would you believe it heavy rains are in the forecast and could possibly
push Lake Texoma over the spillway for the third time this year. Let's hope
that will not be the case. We finished the morning with 57 species and had a
couple of surprises. One surprise was that at one stop we heard at least 3
Northern Bobwhites calling. The other surprise was at least 10 Least Terns were
flying around the Tern nesting platforms. We don't know how many nests there
are but hope to check soon.
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist, & volunteer at Hagerman NWR.Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at