[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 15:06:38 -0500

Refuge is still mostly under water and is closed to the public so we again
birded areas on the county roads adjoining the refuge. The temperatures are
really heating up and it was very humid. We finished the day with 61 species.
Once again we finished the day with only one specie of shorebird, 3 Killdeer.
We found a pair of Loggerhead Shrikes on a high line east of the railroad
tracks on Refuge Rd. being harassed by a Northern Mockingbird. We observed a
late season Sharp-shinned Hawk south of the refuge. Bell's Vireo continues to
singing on Enterprise.
Jack Chiles, Texas Master naturalist & volunteer Hagerman NWR.