[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:05:09 -0500

65 species of birds and SUNSHINE.  I'm sure we would have picked up quite a few
more species if it would not have been so windy.  We started the day off with a
good find, an American Bittern in the marsh north of headquarters. It flew out
of the cattails near the road and settled down in the grass across the creek.
We all got good looks.  We saw one of the Cinnamon Teals in the last marsh
going down Wildlife Dr. We had very closeup looks at American White Pelicans
off the end of Plover Pad. There were at least 60 Wilson's Snipe in MSU #7. We
saw a Tree Swallow at Dead Woman Pond and they are probably going to nest there
again.
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist, volunteer Hagerman NWR.