[texbirds] Trumpeter Swans in Callahan Co. 12/27/13

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 23:19:31 -0600

This afternoon around 3:30pm, I had what appeared to be 2 first-summer
Trumpeter Swans in a pond along Hwy 283 in Callahan Co. The pond was on the
east side of the highway, 1.3 miles south of the Pecan Bayou Relief or 3 miles
south if the junction of Hwys 283 and 36 (closest town is likely Baird). Both
birds had dingy backs and necks, black bills with seemingly no distinct curve
at the gape, which makes me lean towards Trumpeter.  I did get pictures, but
will need to see then on the computer to see if they confirm my initial ID.

Rich, NW Austin (currently in Lubbock getting ready to do the White River Lake
CBC tomorrow morning).

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at