[texbirds] Re: Tropical Mockingbird feeding young

  • From: "Richard Bello" <rbello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:12:39 -0500

Shirley and other Texbirders,

Terry Thibodeaux and I made it down to Sabine Woods yesterday (7-2) and did
locate the Tropical Mockingbird.  Saw her flying into a spot with dense
cover holding food in her bill, which she promptly fed to a fledgling.  Too
quick a happening for any pics.  We did hang out for a while to see if we
could get a better view and a pic, but had no such luck, despite seeing the
Tropical several more times and hearing what was almost certainly begging
vocalizations of young.

Love your pic, BTW!

Rick Bello

Huntsville, Walker County