[texbirds] Tri-City-Beach Rd Gull Report

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "DHanson139@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:28:44 -0500

We finished the Baytown Nature Center Bird Count about 12:30, went and got
lunch and two people who were from out of town wanted to see gulls. I took
them  to Thompson's and they were able to study some birds there and then we
went to  the dead end road. It was very windy but we did see the Glaucous
Gull sitting on  the Harris Co side and then get up and fly into Chambers Co
before loosing it.  The wind was keeping the birds from sitting in normal
places and many were up  circling high above us. Two times a saw a first cycle
bird I am pretty darned  sure was a Thayer's Gull but could never see it
good enough to be positive. With  the gulls no sitting we called it a day
about 4PM.

David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
TOS Member
Texas Master  Naturalist
FeatherFest 2015 Birding Program  Leader
dhanson139@xxxxxxx