[texbirds] Travis County Plumbeous Vireo (local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushf@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:54:41 -0600

..
Had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with birding friends,the Nances, in the
Sandy Creek area....While waiting for the master cook's wonderful creations,we
heard an odd "Solitary" vireo singing almost constantly...On a hunch I pull out
the Iphone and played back Plumbeous song and we literally had the bird on top
of us in 10 seconds.  It was in company with a Blue-headed.  Not anticipating
any birding we had no bins or cameras handy at the moment.  It was still
singing in response to recordings as the sun was setting.  It should be easy
for a good photographer....Shay did try later.

Sent from my iPad

Brush Freeman
Utley, Tx.Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at