[texbirds] Trans-Pecos BBS Trip CLARIFICATION

  • From: Stu Wilson <stuwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 15:29:31 -0400

Regarding the "Trans-Pecos BBS Trip" report that posted on 28May...

Somehow a key "no" vanished from the text of my second-to-last
paragraph.  Indeed there was NO sign of the Golden-crowned Sparrow at the
Franklin Mountains SP- Tom Mays Unit bird blind on 17May2013.  All involved
in the error will be sacked.

I had hoped to check for the GCSP earlier, on 9May, but with all the
construction on Transmountain Drive, I couldn't find the park entrance!

P.S. I appreciate all those that commiserated over the apparent Cactus Wren
decline.  Let's hope they're just awaiting a good rain to get them back in
the singing mood.

Stu Wilson
Sarasota, FL  USA
Everything is connected...