[texbirds] Titmice and Martins

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, roger freeman <carrotguy55@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 13:52:28 -0600

As strange as this might sound, a pair of titmice are already investigating
a nest box here in Utley...No nest building or anything like that, but they
are definitely checking it out. I have seen them looking in three times and
once even entering it briefly.
  Well being the Purple Martin junkie I am, I note per the PMCA website the
the first reported male for Texas was from Seguin yesterday.  This 3 days
shy of average date in January.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/