[texbirds] The Tx-Ornithology forum

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 16:06:11 -0500

replies and they are still coming in from the subscribers...Several wishing
for the same as I.  This is a forum intended to be different than Texbirds
either on the listserv or FB.  I am not the listowner but my understanding
is that this forum is for the more serious and "ornithological" aspects of
birds and is meant for the purposes of such things as morphology, status
and distribution, recent literature, weather patterns affecting birds,
migration patterns and other more in depth discussions..It is not meant to
be elitist whatsoever but is intended to satisfy the needs of those that
wish to go beyond "common" bird sightings or for that matter even rare
birds, chasing or listing as it pertains to Texas.  Those discussions
already have niches elsewhere.  Currently there are 111 members though the
forum has not been used in a while.
  If you are interested in the more clinical and perhaps austere aspects of
birding one can subscribe by sending a note to Listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and in the body of the text type  Subscribe Tx-Ornithology Your name   Then
go thru the prompts.

I hope this forum can be revived.  Got a hard question to ask in terms of
plumages, subspecies etc...This is a good place to do so.

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell