[texbirds] The Hewetson:Kostecke update

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:33:45 -0600

Greetings All:
It is coming down to the wire and things are a lot closer than anybody
predicted.

At the end of November we were tied at 296 (Rich discovered another species
that he had forgotten to put on his list way back when).

Since then Kostecke has added Pyrrhuloxia and Purple Finch to his
Austin-centered region, bringing him up to 298.

Since then Hewetson has added Le Conte's Sparrow, Short-eared Owl, and
Dunlin (of all things) to his Lubbock-centered region, bringing him up to -
drum roll, please - 299.

The two of us have entered into a gentleman's agreement that we will only
throw three more full days of birding into our regions as one of us has
only three free days available and the other didn't want to win by virtue
of being able to bird sixteen hours a day for the next eight days:)

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock