[texbirds] Re: The 2015 Games

  • From: "Stephen Gast" <dmarc-noreply-modpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "segast23@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx" <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 18:42:13 +0000 (UTC)

I strongly support such biodiversity listing games and most especially in
focused areas that are protected or threatened and about which the resident
biodiversity is under-appreciated or undocumented.
I have thoroughly enjoyed doing such around the Katy Prairie Conservancy lands
in Waller and West Harris County. I have even started learning grasses!
The British have long been such 'patch watchers' and the data gathered and
recorded over the years are as invaluable as our time-honored Christmas Bird
Counts.
If you aren't already an eBird user - please adopt a New Year's Resolution to
begin, and make your records count! Adopt a patch.  Steve GastHouston,
Texassegast23@xxxxxxxxx