[texbirds] Thanks for help with Sparrow ID

  • From: Mt Woman <mtwoman55@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 06:56:43 -0600

It was a consensus that it's a juvenile White-Crowned Sparrow.
However, some said first-year, others said second-year. I am curious whether
that makes a difference. Do these sparrows take one year or two years to
mature? It would surprise me if it took 2 years.None of my ref books lay that
info out, so if someone would tell me,I'd be grateful.
Thanks,Tzila "Z" Duenzl,Horseshoe Bend Airpark, SW corner Parker County,
Weatherford, Texas