[texbirds] Re: Texbirds versus Facebook

  • From: John Tharp <jlt290@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 00:31:26 +0000

While I'd certainly say Facebook has a range of ups and downs..easy to post
photos but very easy to be buried in irrelevant chatter, etc, the reality
is that using texbirds to email information is still the most effective
method for distributing information to many users in a timely fashion.
Ebird, Facebook, and text alerts all eat into the number of people posting
to listervs. While all of those formats serve a useful purpose, especially
Ebird, I would still strongly encourage everyone to continue to use the
most reliable and inclusive approach to reach many birders in the state...
texbirds..., until someone can develop a nice birder friendly combination
of the assorted approaches.
John Tharp
Houston, TX