[texbirds] Re: Texbirds and South Texas birding

  • From: Eric Carpenter <ecarpe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Reid <upupa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:36:29 -0500

I like Isaac's photos and also enjoy reading Jon's posts.  I see
nothing wrong with Isaac's note in regard to the rules of this list,
which are:

"TEXBIRDS encourages the open discussion of Texas birds and birding.
In general, we ask that participants limit their messages to matters
related to birds and birding within our state, although information
about bird-related issues in other states that may interest Texas
birders and has a Texas tie-in are welcomed."

If you read the post that started this, you'll see where it mentions
over 200 species were photographed in Texas.  It's not surprising
since Isaac lives and birds mostly in Texas and if you go to his site,
you'll see that there are indeed a large number of birds photo'ed in
Texas.  Yes, not exclusively about Texas but certainly the note is
germane and does include easy tie-ins to Texas birding.

Jon and others may have legitimate gripes about what folks post to
different groups they belong to, but linking those issues with Isaac's
post seems to be a stretch.

-- Eric

Eric Carpenter
Austin