[texbirds] TX coastal birds photo contest

  • From: "RAY, Eric" <Eric.Ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 15:41:35 -0500

Hello all,
This November, the Museum of the Coastal Bend in Victoria, TX is opening an
exhibit on birds of the TX coast. In support of that exhibit, we're running a
photo contest in association with the Victoria Advocate.

Submit your photos of birds taken in any Texas coastal county (complete list
below) by August 15. We'll select some to print and use in the exhibit. We'll
also be awarding prizes, including a TX State Parks annual pass, a pair of
Opticron 10x42 wide angle binoculars, and $250. First two entries are free,
each subsequent entry is $5.

More information and the entry link is available at
http://mcb.victoriacollege.edu/events/photocontest

List of qualifying counties: Aransas, Bee, Brazoria, Brooks, Calhoun, Cameron,
Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Goliad, Harris, Hidalgo, Jackson, Jefferson,
Jim Wells, Kenedy, Kleberg, Liberty, Matagorda, Nueces, Orange, Refugio, San
Patricio, Victoria, Wharton, Willacy.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, and we look forward to your photos!

Eric Ray
Curator of Collections and Exhibits
Museum of the Coastal Bend at Victoria College
2200 E. Red River, Victoria, TX 77901
361-572-6468 | eric.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:eric.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>