[texbirds] TOS Winter Meeting Registration Now Open!

  • From: Steve Gross <sgross77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:55:52 -0600

It seems that I'm always the last one in the state to get the TOS newsletter.
Now that mine has arrived, it's safe to announce that you can soon view the
Winter Meeting Registration Materials on our website, texasbirds.org.

Great field trips, high-interest workshops, the TOS Bird Quiz, and our
outstanding keynote speaker, Ted Floyd of Birding Magazine, await you in west
Houston January 17-20th, 2013.

Last winter, we had a trifecta of longspurs (Smith's, Lapland, and McCown's)
east of town. Geese, ducks, eagles, and a host of sparrows are annual cold
weather visitors west of Houston. Raptors of many flavors abound, adding to the
attractiveness or the area.

Members and non-members are welcome, so please join us for a weekend on the
bird-rich Katy Prairie. We'll see you there!

Steve

Steve Gross
President, Texas Ornithological Society
Cell: 281-787-3888