[texbirds] TOS Sabine Woods

  • From: "Keith and Kathie Holder" <birder55@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 17:36:22 -0500

Saturday at Sabine Woods it was very quiet. Was there from 9 to 5 and left
wondering if the birds were coming. We had a few new birds drop in but not
the numbers that we were all hoping for.

Returned today and it was a quite different day. Started at Texas Point as
did yesterday and much improved. Multiple Hooded Warblers with a Black-and-
White mixed in and one, possibly two, Blue-winged. Excitement building.
Eastern Kingbirds, Brown-crested Flycatcher, a Lincoln and a few
White-throated Sparrows, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and a Ruby-crowned
Kinglet mixed in.

Headed over to Sabine Woods. WOW! Worm-eating, Hooded, Prothonotary, Palm,
Northern Parula, Yellow-throated, Am. Redstart, Blue-winged, Black and
White, Yellow-rumped, a female Cerulean, and a very cooperative Swainson's
Warbler. Others saw Kentucky and Orange-crowned Warblers also New birds
continued to move in the whole time we were there. White-eyed, Red-eyed,
and others had Yellow-throated Warbler. Brown Thrashers, Kingbirds,
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher..

We stopped at Texas Point on the way home and there were at least 50 Hooded
Warblers in the trees at the concrete walkway! A few Prothonotary mixed in
for good measure.

Headed back tomorrow.

Yesterday someone had a Black-throated Green at Texas Point.

Kathie Holder

Huffman