[texbirds] Re: Swifts today in Corpus Christi

  • From: "Paul D. and Georgean Z. Kyle" <DWA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:46:24 -0500

Clay and All,

You can see the reports we have received of Chimney Swifts in North America
over the past +10 years on our web site (www.ChimneySwifts.org).  Just click
on the "Spring Sightings" link.

When you do see you first Chimney Swifts, please email us with the date and
location so we can record and post your sighting.

Here at Travis Audubon's Chaetura Canyon Sanctuary ()northwest Travis
County), we first see the first arrival from March 20 thru March 28th.

FYI:  Chimney Swifts are now listed as "Threatened" in all provinces of
Canada and "Endangered" in some including the Maritime Provinces.  Here in
the lower 48, we need to be paying more attention to this dramatic decline
in a once common and often over-looked species.

Best Regards,

Paul and Georgean Kyle
Project Directors
Driftwood Wildlife Association

Sanctuary Stewards
Travis Audubon's Chaetura Canyon Sanctuary

Please visit our web site:
www.ChimneySwifts.org

We support Conservation Through Birding
www.TravisAudubon.org