[texbirds] Swallow-tailed Kite and Purple Gallinule in Harris County

  • From: Marie Stewart <littlebitrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 18:19:15 -0500

Today I went looking for Birds in Harris County and was rewarded with 1
Lifer and one of my favorite Raptors . I had a lot of help from a very
nice guy Ray Porter from Highlands, Texas. I wrote him for directions
and he was fantastic and got them to me right away. Today while I was
out looking for the birds I had already seen one Purple Gallinule and
had not gotten any photos when Ray showed up we walked down to the
corner and Ray called them out. What a treat so I was able to get my
photos and I even saw 3 little ones. Wow Ray you made my Day I'm sorry I
didn't remember your name so I could have thanked you in person but old
age took your name.  When I got to the park in Crosby I had six
Swallow-tailed Kite as soon as I got out of my truck. One stayed and let
me take photos for over 10 min then flew away. While I was waiting
hoping they would come back. Guess who showed up Ray and as soon as he
did 5 of the 6 showed back up. I think the birds like you Ray. Below are
links to some of the photos I took today. The Swallow-tailed Kite really
put on a show and made himself look different in the photos. He even
called several times.

Swallow-tailed Kite Photos Port O'Call Park Newport MUD Crosby TX
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9188280750
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9185483851
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9188283586
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9185487363
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9188285188
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9185488889
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9185484851
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9188286968
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9188287648
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9185491009
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9188283002
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9185491719

Purple Gallinule Photos  Carpenter's Bayou at Garrett Rd
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9188269610
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9188270864
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9185474799
http://www.flickr.com/photos/birdsareforever/9185476173

Thanks for all the help Ray. It made for a very nice trip today.
Marie Stewart
In Conroe TX thru July 09 th