[texbirds] Re: Swainson's Hawks on Hwy 36 near Lamkin

  • From: Shirley Wilkerson <shirley.wilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 22:54:37 -0500

Just in case anyone is in the area tomorrow morning, you might want to
check out the field of hawks.  I found the county road on a map -- it was
at the intersection of CR 276 and Hwy 36, the south east field.  Look
toward the center pivots. The group separated, and some were going down on
the north side and farther west, in what field I do not know.
We also had a group of about 50 an hour earlier, 2 miles before you get to
Comanche, flying over Hwy 36.  This is the time of year we regularly see
them along this stretch of the highway

I've posted 4 photos here

http://www.bluemelon.com/caramia/recentimages#photo-4297994/T800600

Shirley Wilkerson