[texbirds] Sunday's birds-Eastern Travis/Western Bastrop County

  • From: dt <daletx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 12:56:51 -0500

Canoed with three friends from Little Webberville Park to the 969 Bridge.

Saw lots of great blue herons, snowy egrets, a few great egrets. Several
green herons. Two little blue herons, separately. A pair of yellow-crowned
night herons, together.  Heard a pair of owls calling--I suspect barred.  Saw
one of them,
but not well.  Several pairs of pileated woodpeckers.  And, best of all,
one bald eagle sitting in the top of a tree, about three miles upstream from
the bridge.

Of course, there was the large red-legged moron.  I forgot to put
sunscreen on my legs.

Dale Tilson
Western Bastrop County