[texbirds] Sugarhouse Pond and Delta Lake, Hidalgo Co. TX

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:48:48 -0500

I was curious as to what the Sugarhouse Pond looked like in terms of
shorebirds, so I went out to take a gander. There wasn't much to speak of -
an American Kestrel and some way far-off ducks which remained
un-identified, no shorebirds. Because it was so quiet I popped over to
Delta Lakes to check out the shorebird situation there. I walked along the
northern mudflats (from the parking area near the bridge), and saw:
American Golden-Plover (unless told otherwise)
 http://www.flickr.com/photos/olivaceousj/8584716132/in/photostream

Snowy Plover
http://www.flickr.com/photos/olivaceousj/8583612971/in/photostream/

Sanderling (continuing and rare for Hidalgo County)

Pectoral Sandpiper
http://www.flickr.com/photos/olivaceousj/8584714020/in/photostream

There was also a couple Gull-billed Terns and a dead American White Pelican
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/olivaceousj/8584714450/in/photostream)

--
John Brush
Edinburg, Texas