[texbirds] Sugar Land Swainson's Warber

  • From: Mark Scheuerman <mark.scheuerman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 11:06:50 -0500

I just got a new-for-county/location & patch bird...a Swainson's Warbler!
In checking eBird, this is only the 3rd record of Swainson's Warbler for Ft
Bend County (1 of those looks very suspect). Whoop!
Below is the eBird list for my morning bird jog/walk.
Good Birding,
Mark Scheuerman
Sugar Land, TX

Riverpark Brazos Trail (Sugar Land), Fort Bend, US-TX
Apr 9, 2013 8:11 AM - 10:12 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Submitted from  BirdLog World for Android v1.7
53 species

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  1
Great Blue Heron  1
Great Egret  1
White Ibis  1
Black Vulture  3
Turkey Vulture  4
Red-shouldered Hawk  3
Swainson's Hawk  1
Spotted Sandpiper  1
Rock Pigeon  6
White-winged Dove  5
Mourning Dove  20
Inca Dove  2
Chimney Swift  2
Rufous Hummingbird  1     Continuing feeder bird
Red-bellied Woodpecker  5
Downy Woodpecker  4
Pileated Woodpecker  1
White-eyed Vireo  7
Red-eyed Vireo  1
Blue Jay  5
American Crow  1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow  2
Purple Martin  12
Barn Swallow  4
Cliff Swallow  20
Carolina Chickadee  8
Tufted Titmouse  4
Red-breasted Nuthatch  1     At least one continuing wintering bird. Heard
well.
House Wren  2
Carolina Wren  15
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  2
Eastern Bluebird  2
Northern Mockingbird  2
European Starling  3
Cedar Waxwing  75
Swainson's Warbler  1     Wow, new County/Location/Patch bird for me! Only
2nd or 3rd eBird record for Ft Bend. Seen well at close range, albeit
briefly. Wasn't expecting this one.
Orange-crowned Warbler  1
Hooded Warbler  1
Northern Parula  3