[texbirds] Striped sparrow, Williamson County -- warning

  • From: "Danielle Plumer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "dcplumer@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 04:46:15 +0000 (UTC)

While out looking for the pileated and red-headed woodpeckers on CR 428 in
Williamson County, near the spot where the striped sparrow has been seen, I had
a chance to talk to a resident who wanted to know what we were looking at. He
was very nice, but he expressed concern that birders were spreading themselves
across the road (in lawnchairs, he said) on a blind curve. I thought I'd pass
the warning on. Locals drive pretty darn fast on county roads.
I heard a pileated woodpecker but never saw it, and I didn't even hear the
red-headed woodpecker. All we found were about four downies and a red-bellied.
And the striped sparrow, of course.
Danielle Cunniff PlumerGeorgetown, TX